What Information We Collect
When you visit bebejewels.com, we collect information such as your Device Information and Order Information.
We collect about your device, such as your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our site, and how you interact with our site. This information is collected automatically and is referred to as ‘Device Information’.
Device Information is collected using the following technologies:
- Cookies – These are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files – they track actions occurring on our site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels – these are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase, we collect information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. This information is referred to as ‘Order Information’.
How We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect to
- Fulfill any orders placed through our site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
The Device Information that we collect is used to
- Help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
How We Share Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our site (you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/). You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests of the information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We do not track any user data via our plugins. But if our plugin depends on any third party service, they might track user data. This can happen in following two ways:
1. Embedded Widgets
Some of our plugins have features to integrate embedded widgets as is, from third party services (like Facebook Like, Facebook Recommend, Twitter Tweet official buttons).
2. Third-party APIs/Connections
Our plugins send request to third party APIs via website-visitor’s web browser to fetch information (like social shares, social comment count). This request made by web browser may include IP address, which can then be seen by the third-party that it’s being requested from. This API request doesn’t include any personal data of the website user other than the IP address.
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
You can also opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You have the right to access any personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
When you place an order through our site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you have any question about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
229 Jeff Masemola Street, Pretoria, Gauteng, 0002, South Africa