Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- By signing up for an account or by using any bebeJewels Services (as defined below), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- As used in these Terms and Conditions, “we”, “us”, “online marketplace” and “bebeJewels” means the applicable bebeJewels Contracting Party.
- The services offered by bebeJewels under the Terms and Conditions include various products and services to help you sell goods to buyers, whether online (“Online Services”), in person (“POS Services”), or both. Any such services offered by bebeJewels are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as the “Services”.
- Any new features or tools which are added to the current Services shall be also subject to the Terms and Conditions. You can review the current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time at https://www.bebejewels.com/index.php/terms-of-service.
- The online marketplace, bebeJewels, reserves the right to update and change the Terms and Conditions by posting updates and changes to the bebeJewels website.
- You are advised to check the Terms and Conditions from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you. and if you do not accept such amendments, you must cease using the Services.
2. Important Notice
- Technical support in respect of the Services is only provided to bebeJewels Users.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from these Terms and Conditions.
- You acknowledge and agree that bebeJewels may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms and Conditions on bebeJewels’ website, available at https://www.bebejewels.com/index.php/terms-of-service and such amendments to the Terms and Conditions are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Terms and Conditions are posted to bebeJewels’ website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms and Conditions, do not continue to use the Service.
- You may not use the bebeJewels Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws), the laws applicable to you in your customer’s jurisdiction, or the laws of South Africa. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in your use of the Service and your performance of obligations under the Terms and Conditions.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by bebeJewels.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google Ads), or domain names that use bebeJewels or bebeJewels trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
- Questions about the Terms and Conditions should be sent to [email protected]
- You understand that your Products (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- The Terms and Conditions is available only in English. Current English version of the Terms and Conditions will always be found at https://www.bebejewels.com/index.php/terms-of-service. Any disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions will be resolved in English unless otherwise determined by bebeJewels (acting in its sole discretion) or as required by applicable law.
- All the terms and provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties to the Terms and Conditions and to their respective heirs, successors, permitted assigns and legal representatives. The online marketplace, bebeJewels, shall be permitted to assign these Terms and Conditions without notice to you or consent from you. You shall have no right to assign or otherwise transfer the Terms and Conditions, or any of your rights or obligations hereunder, to any third party without bebeJewels’ prior written consent, to be given or withheld in bebeJewels’ sole discretion.
- If any provision, or portion of the provision, in these Terms and Conditions is, for any reason, held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, then such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect any other provision (or the unaffected portion of the provision) of the Terms and Conditions, and the Terms and Conditions will be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision, or portion of the provision, had never been contained within the Terms and Conditions.
3. User Accounts
- To access and use the Services, you must register for an Account by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. We (bebeJewels) may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You must be the older of: (i) 18 years, or (ii) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and from which you use the Services to open an Account.
- You confirm that you are receiving any Services provided by bebeJewels for the purposes of carrying on a business activity and not for any personal, household or family purpose.
- You acknowledge that bebeJewels will use the email address you provide on opening an Account or as updated by you from time to time as the primary method for communication with you. You must monitor the primary Account email address you provide to bebeJewels and your primary Account email address must be capable of both sending and receiving messages. Your email communications with bebeJewels can only be authenticated if they come from your primary Account email address.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. The online marketplace, bebeJewels, cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as photos, images, videos, graphics, written content, audio files, code, information, or data uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your Account (“Products”).
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms and Conditions as determined in the sole discretion of bebeJewels may result in an immediate termination of your Services.
- Subject to section 1(9), the person signing up for the Service by opening an Account will be the contracting party (“Store Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms and Conditions and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding Account we may provide to the Store Owner in connection with the Service. You are responsible for ensuring that the name of the Store Owner (including the legal name of the company that owns the Store, if applicable) is clearly visible on the Store’s website.
- If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Store Owner. If you are signing up for the Services on behalf of your employer, then you must use your employer-issued email address and you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms and Conditions.
- Your bebeJewels Store can only be associated with one Store Owner.
4. Our(bebeJewels) Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Services for any reason, without notice at any time. Not all Services and features are available in every jurisdiction and we are under no obligation to make any Services or features available in any jurisdiction.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Products and suspend or terminate Accounts if we determine in our sole discretion that the goods or services offered via a Store, or the Products uploaded or posted to a Store, violate these Terms and Conditions.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any bebeJewels’ customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- We (bebeJewels) does not pre-screen products and it is in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any product from the Service, including your Store.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that bebeJewels’ employees and contractors may also be bebeJewels’ customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your Confidential Information in doing so.
- In the event of a dispute regarding Account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm Account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, your status as an employee of an entity, etc.
- bebeJewels retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful Account ownership and transfer an Account to the rightful Store Owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful Store Owner, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, bebeJewels reserves the right to temporarily disable an Account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties
5. Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, bebeJewels shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the Service.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall bebeJewels or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our Services or these Terms and Conditions (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our affiliates, bebeJewels partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- We (bebeJewels) do not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
6. Customer Content
- We do not claim any rights over the products you provide to the bebeJewels. All products you upload remains yours. You can remove your bebeJewels Store at any time by deleting your Account.
- By uploading products and making your Store public, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users view the products you post publicly to your Store; (b) to allow bebeJewels store, and in the case of products you post publicly, display and use your products; and (c) that bebeJewels can, at any time, review and delete all the products submitted to its Service.
- You are responsible for compliance of the your uploaded products with any applicable laws or regulations.
- We shall have the non-exclusive right and license to use the names, trademarks, service marks and logos associated with your Store to promote the Service.
“Confidential Information” shall include, but shall not be limited to, any and all information associated with a party’s business and not publicly known, including specific business information, technical processes and formulas, software, customer lists, prospective customer lists, names, addresses and other information regarding customers and prospective customers, product designs, sales, costs (including any relevant processing fees), price lists, and other unpublished financial information, business plans and marketing data, and any other confidential and proprietary information, whether or not marked as confidential or proprietary. The online marketplace, bebeJewels’, Confidential Information includes all information that you receive relating to us, or to the Services, that is not known to the general public including information related to our security program and practices.
Each party agrees to use the other party’s Confidential Information solely as necessary for performing its obligations under these Terms and Conditions and in accordance with any other obligations in these Terms and Conditions including this Section 5. Each party agrees that it shall take all reasonable steps, at least substantially equivalent to the steps it takes to protect its own proprietary information, to prevent the duplication, disclosure or use of any such Confidential Information, other than (i) by or to its employees, agents and subcontractors who must have access to such Confidential Information to perform such party’s obligations hereunder, who each shall treat such Confidential Information as provided herein, and who are each subject to obligations of confidentiality to such party that are at least as stringent as those contained herein; or (ii) as required by any law, regulation, or order of any court of proper jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter contained in these Terms and Conditions, provided that, if legally permitted, the receiving party shall give the disclosing party prompt written notice and use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that such disclosure is accorded confidential treatment. Confidential Information shall not include any information that the receiving party can prove: (A) was already in the public domain, or was already known by or in the possession of the receiving party, at the time of disclosure of such information; (B) is independently developed by the receiving party without use of or reference to the other party’s Confidential Information, and without breaching any provisions of these Terms and Conditions; or (C) is thereafter rightly obtained by the receiving party from a source other than the disclosing party without breaching any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- The amount of time taken for your product to reach you may vary depending on where you live, although we strive to achieve delivery within 2-5 working days.
- For every order, a shipping tracking number/waybill will be emailed to you, to keep you posted on the shipping progress.
- Shipping cost is calculated at checkout. Free shipping applies to some purchases.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected]
- Our return policy lasts for 10 days after delivery. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you a refund or exchange, if 10 days have gone by since your delivery was made.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
- You are liable for returning the item at your cost, if the item is returned due to you simply not wanting the item.
- If you are returning an item over R500 in value, please use a trackable shipping service . We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Kindly contact us with your queries at [email protected] or +27716821752.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at [email protected] and we will send you an address to mail the product to.
- Once your return is received and inspected, you will get an email notifying you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 5-7 working days.
- Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you have not received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you have done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at [email protected]
12. Privacy & Data Protection
- We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and that of your customers.